Find support for your group
Try the online guides we've recommended below or contact someone for one-to-one advice. Got a quick question? Contact us.
Sample forms and templates for running your organisation
Leadership and managing your workforce
The Leadership Qualities Framework from Skillsforcare describes seven elements of good leadership. They also have a range of guides to improve the skills of social care staff and others in the community.
Acas provide advice and training for employers and employees, as well as help with workplace disputes, including:
Building a digital workforce - This free toolkit can help you improve your staff's digital skills.
Responding to change - The Charity Finance Group has produced a briefing on the potential impact of Brexit on UK charities.
One to one support
Find your nearest local support for developing groups
Help across Hertfordshire:
Get expert help from these national organisations:
- Volunteer Centres Hertfordshire can help you recruit and manage local volunteers.
- #TeamHerts Volunteering offer a database for Hertfordshire charities to advertise volunteering opportunities.
- Do-it - a national database of volunteering opportunities.
- Reach - Promote opportunities or find individuals with specific skills like accountancy, marketing and IT mentoring.
- Volunteering Matters - a national service that arranges volunteering placements for young, older or disabled people.
- Herts.community - a partnership group that supports and strengthens voluntary organisations in Hertfordshire.