Funding and fundraising
Support and advice for fundraisers
- Looking for funding? Herts.Community have a free resource which links to local Hertfordshire organisations who can assist you in finding and applying for funding opportunities.
- Hertfordshire Sustainable Funding Fair 2018 - following on from this year's event we have made all the presentations and resources from the day available to you. Find details for all of the exhibitors and invaluable fundraising information.
- Foundation for Social Improvement - Advice clinics, fundraising events and free training courses for small charities.
- Institute of Fundraising - A membership group representing over 5,000 fundraisers across the UK.
Personal Health Budgets
- A Connect Hertfordshire working group looked at Personal Health Budgets and Individual Personal Commissioning, to see what needed to be done to support voluntary and community groups to be part of this new area of commissioning.
- Working with Personal Health Budget & Direct Payments - Toolkit
- Working with Personal Health Budget & Direct Payments - Presentation
- Direct payment factsheet
- Direct payment information and guidance
- Direct payment - prepaid card factsheet
- Helping you live your life as independently as possible
Apply for funding
- Herts.Community funding database - Find local, regional, national and European Union funding opportunities. You can also sign up for email alerts or a weekly newsletter.
- Hertfordshire Community Foundation offer grants to local community and voluntary organisations.
- Herts Sports Partnership - Links to national and local funding opportunities for sports and health activities.
- Trust Funding provide a database of thousands of grant-making charities, for an annual subscription fee.
- Most councils in Hertfordshire have small/community grant programmes, aimed at voluntary and community organisations. These funds range from £200 to £3000 depending on the council and the purpose of the application.
- Community Grants programme - Grants available up to £10,000.
Councils that offer small/community grants
- 5 ways charities can boost online fundraising - Ecclesiastical Insurance's guide has tools, activities and tips on digital fundraising.
- Gift Aid (PDF 151 kb) Opening a new window - HM Treasury's visual guide explains how charities can benefit.
- Small Charities Coalition - Links to a range of online fundraising and donation services.
- NCVO Know How Non-Profit - Information about different fundraising methods.
- Let’s Get Fundraising - Inspiration for fundraising activities.
Fundraising best practice
- The National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO) offer a quick guide to writing a fantastic funding bid (PDF 137kb) Opening a new window. Learn who to apply to and what funders look for. Free to members with under £30,000 income.
- The Code of Fundraising Practice helps you ensure your fundraising activities follow the latest legal and professional requirements.
- The Proud to be a Fundraiser toolkit from the Institute of Fundraising can help you create a fundraising strategy and get your whole organisation involved.
- The Fundraising Regulator holds the Code of Fundraising Practice for the UK and regulates fundraising in England and Wales. It sets and maintains standards for charitable fundraising and ensures that fundraising is respectful, open, honest and accountable to the public.