Herts Share and Learn
Has your organisation done something amazing that you are proud of and want to share with other voluntary and community organisations in Hertfordshire?
Herts Share and Learn Programme is managed by Hertfordshire Community Foundation (HCF) Training and Development on our behalf. It aims to find experts in the voluntary and community sector who are willing and able to help their peers in other organisations.
Examples of things you might have done and could share with others could be:
- Re-modelled your service delivery – improving or maintaining quality, customer satisfaction and efficiency
- Improved your sustainability by diversification – growing your earned income and reducing your reliance on public service contracts and grants
- Raised the profile and image of your organisation via effective use of digital media
- Implemented a new IT system that has transformed your processes
It could be anything that is innovative or transformational - please tell us what you want to focus on that you think will demonstrate best practice and inspire others.
What do you consider to be the best way of sharing your experience? Possible options that we want to make available are:
- “Show and tell” visits – either by representatives of interested organisations to your site, or you go to them
- Supported change programme – your experts deliver 3 sessions with an organisation. An introductory session followed by 2 reviews to help them implement the desired change.
- Masterclasses for groups of representatives from a mix of interested organisations. We envisage these being short 2 hour sessions.
If you're interested in offering your expertise, please download and complete the Herts Share and Learn Offer Form and send it to email@example.com. We will review it and arrange a follow-up phone call with your named contact – it's important that we have a good quality range of offers for organisations. Once confirmed, the details of your offer will be included in the Herts Share and Learn Prospectus on our website.
Please note that your offer will be on a voluntary basis. However it will be possible to claim for specific expenses including:
- Travel expenses for visiting other organisations’ sites or training venues
- Preparation costs for masterclasses (Connect Hertfordshire will organise the venue, publicise and administer any masterclasses.)
We think this is a really exciting opportunity to share expertise and experience across the Hertfordshire Voluntary and Community Sector for the benefit of all. It will raise the profile of individuals and organisations engaged in noteworthy work in our communities.
Contact Sarah Elliott at HCF Training and Development if you have any questions.